This week Stroudwater Food Pantry served 32 families, 9 of whom were new. Our donations included a moderate amount of meats and fresh produce. Our produce consisted of a very nice selection of fresh fruits, but the vegetables were limited and ran out before the start of the 2nd shift. Fortunately we received a generous donation of deli supplies from Julie Candow this week, which went a long way in supplementing our needs, and added to the variety of food we were able to give out.
This week’s volunteers included:
Karlene, Anne Z, Adam, Laura & Mason Pratt
What Next –
- The shift volunteers for this coming Wednesday 12/16 will be Angie, Deb, Adam and Laura.
- It looks like we have enough frozen turkeys and chickens to make up 10 Christmas Dinner baskets for distribution to needy families:
- We are asking our members to “Adopt a Family” for a Christmas dinner, and commit to supplying the side dishes for at least one meal.
- We are asking them to provide 6 baking potatoes, gravy, a box of stuffing, a can of cranberry sauce, two cans of vegetables, and a cake mix or pie crust and filling for dessert.
- We will add the poultry and manage the distribution, more to come on dates and times of that.
Thank you one and all for your commitment to stand in the gap, the meal gap, for those in need in our community!
Director of Operations: Stroudwater Food Pantry