Stroudwater Pantry Status 3/16/16
Posted on March 17, 2016
Leave a Comment
Hi Team!! – This week your Stroudwater Food Pantry served 16 families on Sunday and 32 families Wednesday. In total we served 48 families this week, accounting for 126 people being fed. 4 new families joined us this week, bringing us to a total of 279 households registered to receive groceries on a regular basis.
The total of our two Hannaford pickups yielded 814 lbs. of food. Our separate purchases and donations (non-Hannaford) of can foods and dry stores totaled 894 lbs. Volunteers for the week included Steve, Lois, Adam, Tina, Mike, Sheamus, Tammy, Anne, Ellen, Jean, Angie, Bill B., and myself.
What’s Next –
- Pantry volunteers for this Sunday 3/20 are Gary and Elise, Wednesday 3/23 includes Bill B, Malachi, and Angie.
- The Stroudwater Food Pantry will be open to serve the public on Easter Sunday. Tina and Mike Halkiu have graciously offered to staff the pantry 1-3pm.
- The safe food handling training class scheduled with the Good Sheppard Food Bank for Friday March 25 has been rescheduled. GFSB will host the class at the church on April 21, 10-12noon. Right now two people are confirmed to attend and we have room for lots of others to join in.
- We kickoff our next food drive with Time Warner Cable on March 18th. We will pick up their food donation of dry stores the last week of April.
- Angie and I are away on vacation 3/26 to 4/11, and are back in the pantry Wednesday 4/13.
It is inspiring to serve with the many volunteers who support the Stroudwater Food Pantry, and see their heartfelt dedication to serve those in need. Thank you Team!! — Doug