Hi Team –This past Sunday your Stroudwater Food Pantry served 44 families, providing groceries to a total of 112 people. 6 new families joined us this week.
Sunday’s supermarket rescue food pickups, plus church donations and this week’s purchased food yielded 2,511 lbs. This week’s volunteers included Anne, Karlene, Rena, Michael C, Steve, Adam, Ellen, Mike Halkiu and myself.
What’s going on at the Pantry:
- Over the summer we saw a decline in meat that caused us to draw down all our frozen meat reserves. Our recent addition of a 4th supermarket pickup on Fridays has helped us replenish our frozen stores considerably; this week alone we processed 1.25 tons of food, and Praise the Lord our backup freezers are now bulging!
- Now that the My Place Teen Center in Westbrook has concluded their summer program, this week we resumed our monthly meat donations to them. We delivered 47 lbs. of pork roasts in addition to our weekly donations of fresh fruit.
- Save the date! – Our second annual Paws for the Pantry dog walk for hunger is Saturday October 21. Registration starts at 10:00am at Payson’s Park (at the Back Cove) in Portland. You can find more information and pre-register on our website at https://stroudwaterfoodpantry.com/dog/, or on our Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/stroudwaterfoodpantry/ Like us on Face book to stay in the loop for pantry activities, and remember to share our Paws for the Pantry event with your friends!
- Save the date! – Our next Pantry meeting is Sunday 10/22, 11:15 after the church service, in the upstairs Annex meeting room. If you are curious about the Stroudwater Food Pantry, this is a great opportunity to find out what we do! We will be talking about accomplishments so far this year, upcoming events, and volunteers needed to support new and ongoing activities.
- The Pantry Prayer Ministry has proven to be a blessing and healing for our clients on Sundays. This week Mike Halkiu joined Adam in praying for people who asked for prayer. If you have a heart to pray for others, see Adam or myself to join us in an opportunity to minister to the spiritual needs of our community. Thank you Mike for joining us this week! — Doug