Hi Team, and Happy New Year! – This past Sunday your Stroudwater Food Pantry closed out a busy end to a busy 2018, serving 51 families, providing groceries to a total of 149 people this week. 6 new families joined the pantry.
Our supermarket fresh rescue food pickups, donations and purchased foods totaled well over a ton, at 2,319 lbs. Volunteers for this week included Adam P, Anna, Anne, Pastor Bill, Cat, Dee Dee, Jean, Laura, Lois, Michael M, Phil, Rena, Sandra, Steve, and myself.
2018 was an amazing year for your Stroudwater Food Pantry. Our Annual Report is not yet ready for distribution, but a few of the highlights include:
- Families came to the pantry for groceries more than 2,500 times this the year.
- SFP ran a four day food pantry in Washington County the last week of July, distributing two tons of non-perishable groceries to three communities.
- 164 Thanksgiving dinners were provided to families in the greater Portland area who otherwise would not have had a Thanksgiving dinner.
- 25 Christmas dinners were transported to families in Princeton, Washington County.
- In all, 65 tons of groceries were distributed this year, an equivalent to an estimated 325,000 meals provided to the meal insecure across the state of Maine.
As we turn our hopes and ambitions to the start of a new year, may the Lord continue to bless this ministry of Stroudwater Christian Church, our many volunteers who make this ministry possible, and the communities whom we serve. Happy New Year everyone!
To learn more about your Stroudwater Food Pantry, follow us on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/stroudwaterfoodpantry/