Stroudwater Food Pantry Monthly Status – November 2022
Posted on December 6, 2022
Leave a Comment
Dear Pantry Team: The following is our November 2022 Monthly Status
Pantry Building Expansion Project:
- Recent items: As previously reported, the Portland Planning Board required significant revisions to our overall church site plan. The plan was revised and resubmitted. The Board reviewed the plan, along with peer reviewers. While the updated site plan was found to be generally acceptable, there are some additions needing attention, and are now being worked on.
- SFP distributed and delivered 231 Thanksgiving dinners throughout Cumberland County. 127 dinner boxes were built in our church by the Spectrum Communications Call Center, and 104 dinner boxes were donated by Cheverus High School. The total Thanksgiving distribution weight came in at 10,000 lbs., accounting for 5 tons of dinners distributed, with a retail economic impact to meal insecure families of $25,000. At 231 dinner boxes, this was our biggest Thanksgiving dinner distribution ever.
- Food Drives:
- 11/04-Portland Water district
- 11/11-Maine Med Radiology Week
- 11/17-SFP Turkey & Sides: 127 turkeys (107 from SCC)
- 11/18-SGC Engineering
- 11/18-University of New England
- 11/18-Better Strength Gym
- 11/22-Cheverus High School, (104 dinners + additional turkeys & sides)
- 11/30-Sysco Food Products (36 frozen turkeys)
- 12/01-Spectrum Call Center
- Client Service Activity for November:
- We served 470 client grocery/dinner boxes. Food intake was 16,974 lbs.
- We are still on pace for 71-72 total tons distributed this year.
- Upcoming events:
- On 12/15 Peapod Digital will provide volunteers to build our Christmas dinner boxes.
- On 12/17 Al Withee and I will transport Christmas dinners to Washington County.
Doug Horner, Director