Hi Team – This week your Stroudwater Food Pantry had its biggest Sunday ever with 39 families served! We served 40 families Wednesday, totaling of 79 for the week with 244 people being fed. 9 new families joined us this week, bringing us to a total of 342 households registered to receive groceries on a regular basis.
The total of our three Hannaford pickups yielded 1,551 lbs. of food; purchases and donations totaled 624 lbs. Volunteers for the week included Karlene, Steve, Jean, Lois, Grainer Cassidy, Ben, Mike H, Sheamus, Johnathan, Adam, Ellen, Wayne L, Angelica Curley, and myself. What’s going on –
- A Food Pantry Meeting is planned for this Sunday after the service. We will meet upstairs in the Annex at 11:15.
- For the second week in a row we had a Time Warner Cable employee join us – Angelica Curley volunteered on the Wednesday shift.
- We continue to work on our expanded pantry area; we have setup tables as temporary shelving, and this week we plan to move the remainder of food from the cupboard down to the pantry storage room.
- This week we had our second Friday of dual Hannaford pickups (Westbrook & Falmouth) and the process continues to go well.
- I am continuing to work on a Capacity grant through the Good Sheppard Food Bank and will submit the application before the end of the month.
A special welcome this week to new volunteers Grainer and Angelica! — Doug